In a previous post you’ve already heard about my spectacular success at Burniston Show. This isn’t about my lemon curd, which was very nice, but about my second place in the woodwork category.
I decided I would make something specially for the show and after my previous attempt at a scrollsaw box I thought I would try another one. It is from the same book as last time but, although it wasn’t difficult to make, it took a lot longer because there were so many parts.
Here they are all laid out. On the left you can see the first two drawer pieces clamped together. Cutting out all the pieces took a while, as you can probably imagine, but the it was even longer gluing everything together. Then I spent quite a while sanding as I wanted the box to have a good finish.
There are loads more boxes I could make from the book but next I should probably go for one with box joints or using the wooden hinges I made previously.