Hi everyone. It’s been a while hasn’t it? I’ve been trying to fit in my projects around my work and my kids, which makes everything slow going, but I do have a finished shirt to show you and I’m very pleased with it!
I bought this pink check fabric from B&M fabrics in Leeds at the #sewupnorth meet-up last November. I had always intended it to be an Archer shirt but I was originally thinking about the standard button up variety. Laziness got the better of me though and as I had already made the popover variation (here) and those pattern pieces were already traced out, I went with it again.
My fabric had warped slightly and the biggest challenge I had was to cut all the pieces out so the check was horizontal and vertical. This was a bit of a nightmare and it took ages, but I got there in the end. I also had to make sure that my stripes matched. The next time I make this pattern I’m going for a ditsy floral!
Here it is…
It’s a lovely brushed cotton and is quite cosy and warm – just in time for the changing weather!
To save further headaches I cut the pockets and the yoke out on the bias so that saved me pattern matching.
I attached the yoke with the burrito method. It is really straight forward and is lovely and neat outside and in.
I was pretty pleased with my pattern matching! This is the seam between the front and the back.
I cut the size 10 and I made no adjustments.
My children took the photos but that is becoming a nightmare. The ones above were the only decent ones I got (and I took the first three!) as they try to photobomb me at every opportunity. Here are the ones that weren’t particularly usable.
I’ll see you soon with my very nearly finished Simple Sew post 🙂