We shall just gloss over the fact that June’s Sew My Style, the Suki Kimono, is not yet on here shall we? My fabric took over three weeks to arrive and I missed the reveal day which I was cross about. I’m intending to make two of them for Christmas presents – organised I know! However, the urgency for that make has gone. There has been some progress though. The pdf is stuck together and cut out and the fabric for one of them has been cut out. This all took an age – some of those pattern pieces are massive! I have more important makes now, including a shirt for my husband’s birthday. Continue reading
I know it was a while agoDid you take part in Me Made May? I did, and one thing it taught me (apart from the fact that I have too many clothes) is that I reach for t-shirts more than any other garment. So when it was time for the Simple Sew bloggers to choose their patterns for this month I got in there quick as flash to choose the Miranda tee. This is a brand new pattern soon to be released into the wild so I was quite excited to try it out.
I cut out a size medium in some rubbish fabric to check the fit and was very pleased to find that it did. I had to make one change but it was a simple one. The pattern is very long so I shortened it.
To make this t-shirt I was given this gorgeous viscose jersey fabric from Doughty’s. I love stripey t-shirts and have made several of them. The pattern states that you need 1.5m of fabric but I can confirm you can get it out of less. I liked the fabric a lot so I wanted to conserve as much as I could. I’m glad I did this as my finished t-shirt is not exactly perfect as you shall soon see. A bit of practice though and I’ll have it nailed.
Obviously stripes need careful handling. Everything has to match! Well, it doesn’t really but I like it to.