I know it was a while agoDid you take part in Me Made May? I did, and one thing it taught me (apart from the fact that I have too many clothes) is that I reach for t-shirts more than any other garment. So when it was time for the Simple Sew bloggers to choose their patterns for this month I got in there quick as flash to choose the Miranda tee. This is a brand new pattern soon to be released into the wild so I was quite excited to try it out.
I cut out a size medium in some rubbish fabric to check the fit and was very pleased to find that it did. I had to make one change but it was a simple one. The pattern is very long so I shortened it.
To make this t-shirt I was given this gorgeous viscose jersey fabric from Doughty’s. I love stripey t-shirts and have made several of them. The pattern states that you need 1.5m of fabric but I can confirm you can get it out of less. I liked the fabric a lot so I wanted to conserve as much as I could. I’m glad I did this as my finished t-shirt is not exactly perfect as you shall soon see. A bit of practice though and I’ll have it nailed.
Obviously stripes need careful handling. Everything has to match! Well, it doesn’t really but I like it to.